Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) – Commissioner and Chair
- North America’s 2nd Largest Transit Agency after New York
- Led the Agency for 5 years as Commissioner and Chair of the Board
- Led the agency in renewing its entire bus and rail fleet
- Initiated Transit City, an $11 billion 120 km Light Rail program, with the first line to open in 2022
- Initiated a modern social media communications program
- Led the agency through the largest expansion of service in its history and the start of construction on an 8.6 km subway project
Director of Studies (Planning and Innovation) at Montreal’s Regional Transportation Agency
(Metropolitan Transportation Network)
- Provided leadership for the development of the Vision 2020 Plan
- Worked on creating a new consulting wing for the organization
- Developed Road Map for new generation of communications technology for riders
- Worked on the 52 km Mascouche suburban train line
City of Milwaukee – 2012-2016 – Executive Transit Advisor
- Acted as the City’s senior expert on LRT/streetcar design and construction and P3 evaluations for the first rail project in over 50 years in the city
- Evaluated P3 options
- Developed Service Plans and fare payment options
City of New York – 2016-2019 – Director Of the BQX (Streetcars And LRT)
- Led the development of the Brooklyn Queens Connector (BQX) to the start of the formal Environmental Review as the first new rail project undertaken by the city since the 1960’s
- The line will run along 20 km along the Brooklyn-Queens waterfront and provide a crucial north-south link for residents
- The BQX combines LRT and streetcar characteristics to allow it to navigate the older neighbourhoods it runs though
- Developed Utilitiy Standard for the initial Project and P3 Structure
- The BQX will unlock billions of dollars in development and be partially financed by TIFs (Tax Increment Financing) meaning the project will get a share of the new tax revenue it generates to pay for capital costs.
Saudi Public Transit Company (SAPTCO) – 2019/2020 – General Manager
- SAPTCO is the national company responsible for inter-urban bus service and the provision of urban buses in Saudi Arabia’s cities. When the Metro comes fully online in 2022, SAPTCO will operate 2 of the lines.
- Reworked the national inter-city bus network through a wide-ranging network optimization.
- Led a review of maintenance operations
- Initiated a new Yield Management program to increase ticket revenue and gain additional ancillary revenue.
- Led the creation of a new HR incentive structure and salary grade
- Developed initial reports on new Red Sea and Arabian Gulf ferry service
- Provided leadership to establish ride-sharing and new autonomous bus services.
Sudan Bus Rapid Transit
- Leading the planning and design for a proposed pilot BRT in Khartoum
- Using local knowledge and value engineering to develop ultra low cost BRT model